Our client a growing manufacturer of bespoke clothing is seeking to recruit a bookkeeper to join its growing team. The role reports directly to the MD and is responsible for the day-to-day accounting of both the manufacturing and retail companies. This is a full-time permanent position (37 hours per week), and the role can be carried out over either 4- or 5-day week (Monday/Tuesday to Friday). The position can be mainly remote but ideally the company would like the successful candidate to work onsite on a Friday.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Responsibility of managing a portfolio of clients and vendors for all bookkeeping, and accounts processing services.
- Preparation of accounts to trial balance, journals, prepayments, and accruals
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and submissions
- Bank reconciliations, Purchase ledger and Sales Ledger
- Mainly using cloud-based accounting software
- Helping to control and manage the cash flow of the businesses
- Payroll duties
- Previous experience in a similar Bookkeeping / Accounts Assistant role
- Payroll experience would be advantageous
- Ability to work solely with minimum supervision
- A personable, customer driven, people person
- Have a positive, problem-solving approach to their work
- Have a passion to go the extra mile to support client queries
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper to manage the day-to-day finances and work autonomously as well as within a team.
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.