Our client a technologically advanced engineering company based in the East Midlands are recruiting a Cost Accountant to join their growing team. This is a new role and offers a very rare opportunity for a candidate with a grounding in costing to provide support to R&D, manufacturing and operations. This role is vital to the company and would suit an individual with drive and ambition and will be awarded generously. The ideal candidate does not need to be a qualified accountant but requires experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Provide cost analysis of products including analysis of Bill of Materials including consumables, process costing allocation, depreciation and amortization of equipment. Assist in identifying cost areas of products including areas where costs can be reduced.
- Analyse the cost benefit of changes to processes and additions of equipment. For example shifting production of a part from one process to another process.
- Provide cost analysis of the business, reviewing and (where appropriate) updating cost standards on a periodic basis.
- Prepare & support the commercial organisation with analyses of profit margin analysis of individual products.
- Assist in costing estimates for proposals to prospects and customers
- Work with colleagues to develop "variance to standard" reporting.
- Work with CEO, accountant and bookkeeper to deliver appropriate quarterly & annual reporting of the organisation.
- Assist in inventory management including control, usage and identifying when inventory must be ordered
- Ensure that inventory is appropriately controlled & valued.
- Work with the commercial organisation & other colleagues to ensure stock is properly managed.
Key Skills & Experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA), part qualified or QBE with previous experience gained in Manufacturing or Engineering
- Cost Experience
- Stock Experience
Stakeholder Management skills
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.