Are you an entrepreneurial Director or Partner who aspires to set up your own accountancy firm? Would you enjoy setting up a business from scratch but with significant investment and a ready stream of client leads? This role is extremely rare and an amazing opportunity for a driven accountant who wants to build a firm in which they have a significant equity stake.
Our client is a leading Business Services Group with a turnover in the region of £15m which has seen continuous growth in excess of 20% per annum. With an enviable client base of businesses ranging from start-ups to overseas companies investing in the UK, the firm is seeking to leverage these growing number of clients by setting up an accountancy firm offering.
Based from their fantastic offices in the West End, the firm seek to grow a high quality accounting firm that can offer both a service to micro businesses as well as larger and more complex clients. They are seeking to hire an entrepreneurial and driven practice-based Director or Partner who will join the Senior Management Team and lead the growth of the accounting offering from scratch.
As the Principal Partner in the new accountancy entity you will report to the CEO and have support of an established corporate structure to set-up, structure and scale up the offering.
- Have overall responsibility for the P&L, budget, financial forecasting and financial analysis.
- Obtain and maintain regulatory approval from the relevant accounting body.
- Take overall responsibility for quality assurance and the delivery of all client work in a timely manner.
- Onboard and introduce cloud accountancy software (e.g. Xero) in a phased manner.
- Recruit and manage teams, providing training and mentorship to all staff within the accountancy firm.
- Ensure all customer-facing interactions are provided with exceptional customer service.
- Research and develop new growth areas for the firm, and present opportunities to senior management.
- Assist with the recruitment of staff for the accountancy alongside Head of Recruitment
- Support development of onboarding and retention marketing content in collaboration with marketing.
- Incorporate a Sales Team within the accountancy arm and ensure a cohesive process from warm lead to full onboarding, to maximize acquisition and renewable revenue.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Significant experience of accountancy practice both from a client facing and operational
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA or ACCA preferred)
- Hands on experience and a strong working knowledge of Xero
- Equity partner in newly creating accounting entity
- Company Share Option Plan in Group's holding company
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.