Are you looking for a FC role in a growing travel company with ambition growth plans?
Financial Controller required to provide strategic management information to the Managing Director of a busy and rapidly growing Travel and Tourism Company with a turnover of £25m aiming for £50m and AIM listing. The FC will be required to oversee a team of staff and to advise on requirements for the team as well as to make sure that the finance function of the business is running as efficiently as it should be.
* To undertake a full review of current working practices, systems and software and to be responsible for the implementation of internal controls and systems.
* To make recommendations for improvement and to provide strategic advice in all areas of the accounting function.
* To undertake a review of current team and to make any necessary recommendations
* Controlling all aspects of the accounting function and delegating as required
* Prepare and submit budgets, monthly management accounts and all relevant reports such as Financial and Cash Flow to the business owner on an agreed basis.
* Financial and Cash Flow
* Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns
* Overseeing and assisting in reconciling balances for the Indian side of the business including reconciliation of balances with travel agents
* Implementing any necessary credit control processes
* Prepare annual audit files ready for and to liaise directly with Auditors as required
Who you are
* Professionally qualified (Ideally ACA or ACCA) or QBE to the same level
* Previous experience in the Travel/Tourist Industry
* At least 2 years' experience working at FC level
* Experience working within an OMB environment and reporting directly to the Owner and working within a small, busy team.
* Ability to take on a 'hands on' approach to all areas of the role and to take full responsibility for the effective running of the finance function of the business.
* A desire to be involved in the growth and development of a successful business
* Experience working with travel booking systems, (current system is Globe Track)
* Good working knowledge of SAGE line 50 and excellent Excel skills
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.