Are you an experienced Insolvency investigator? Do you have experience of leading investigations and interviewing company directors? Does a move to one of the most respective investigations boutiques appeal?
Our client is a leading London based Insolvency boutique. Their highly regarded litigation and forensic department are looking for mid-level investigators, with deep Insolvency Act experience, to join their close-knit team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- review allocated insolvency cases with a view to identifying possible avenues of recovery by analysing and examining case documentation and other evidence.
- analyze, research and review the financial affairs of insolvent estates, to include but not limited to interviewing key individuals, reviewing bank accounts, debenture positions, invoices and statutory accounts, and other relevant material.
- recover evidence from, and make enquiries of, individuals, companies and Government Agencies that might be able to assist the office holder together with identifying and applying to maximum effect the relevant sections of the Insolvency Act 1986 and other relevant legislation.
- prepare detailed case reviews to summarise and report on the case at defined progression stages, ensuring case records and decisions are fully documented in accordance with the processes and systems used by the Department.
- identify potential heads of claim under the Insolvency Act 1986 and other relevant legislation.
- undertake ad hoc forensic assignments, including where appropriate the drafting of initial reports for clients.
Candidates must have the following knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years investigation / litigation experience.
- Knowledge of using the Insolvency Act together with the relevant provisions it contains and the legal process adopted to make a recovery, together with knowledge of other relevant legislation to make recoveries.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a portfolio of cases.
- The ability to proactively progress multiple cases and identify high value monetary claims for the benefit of creditors.
- The expertise to support office holders and legal team during complex litigation including, where required, the preparation of witness statements. (Note that there may be opportunities to personally present factual evidence to the courts in support of identified claims, where it is appropriate.)
- The ability to critically review and analyze responses received to claims that have been issued.
Please apply online for immediate consideration or contact Iain Johnson to discuss further.
For more Insolvency Investigations jobs in London, contact Austin Rose, the Insolvency recruitment specialists.