Management Accountant/Accounting Coordinator Wakefield region (42-50k per annum)
Our client a growing manufacturer of made to measure clothing is seeking to recruit a Management Accountant/Accounting Co-coordinator to join its growing team. The role reports directly to the MD and is responsible for the day-to-day accounting of both the manufacturing and retail companies. This is a full-time permanent position (37 hours per week), and the role can be carried out over either 4- or 5-day week (Monday/Tuesday to Friday). The position can be remote but ideally the company would like the successful candidate to work on-site on a Friday once or twice per month (travel will be reimbursed). The role is with a start up company who are looking for an ambitious individual who is seeking their first role where they have responsibility for the day to day to day finance function, who will join and grow with the company.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts for the manufacturing and retail companies
- Preparation of the budget and forecast and variance analysis for both companies
- Cash flow forecasting
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and submissions
- Bank reconciliations, Purchase ledger and Sales Ledger
- Payroll duties
- Working with the external accountants and providing the required information for the completion of the year-end statutory accounts
- Ideally a newly qualified or part qualified Accountant
- Previous experience in a Management Accountant role
- Xero experience is highly desirable
- Payroll experience would be advantageous
- Ability to work solely with minimum supervision
- A personable, customer driven, people person
- Have a positive, problem-solving approach to their work
- Have a passion to go the extra mile to support client queries
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is looking for a role which will allow them the responsibility to manage the day-to-day finances of a growing company and work autonomously as well as within a team.
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.