* Firm: Tech start-up
* Location: Hybrid/flexible
* Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Are you looking to join a tech start-up in the e-commerce space which has received significant funding from US investors to support their exciting growth plans? Are you keen to focus on the technical accounting aspects of a fast-growing and acquisitive business? Would you be keen to join a fully remote working environment?
Are you an experienced accounting professional to join our team to help build, grow and develop our people functions. This role is a crucial full-time role in spearheading the development of our global team of 50+ employees (we currently have 25+ openings!). In addition, you will be the driving force as we continue to expand; the role's key responsibility is to ensure accurate transaction recording and accounting and reporting within agreed deadlines for newly acquired companies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for subsidiary accounts management for acquired companies
- Varied role and duties such as month-end financial close processing, sales & purchase ledger transaction processing, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, payroll accounting, and inter company and expense management for subsidiaries
- Assisting in transitioning the accounting of newly acquired subsidiaries, ensuring they are fully integrated into our accounting processes and systems
- Preparing local indirect taxes (GST, VAT etc.) for subsidiaries
- Providing support for preparing subsidiary local statutory accounts and annual CT returns and support the subsidiaries audit process
- Assisting with new finance system integration
- Researching local accounting regulations and reporting requirements for subsidiaries and ensure compliance.
- Have bachelor's degree in Business or related discipline, concentrating in Accounting and Finance
- Have 2+ years of accounting experience working with UK & international subsidiaries and a good understanding of financial processes and controls
- Demonstrate knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP accounting standards
- Show excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.