Based in London's West End, our client is long established, specialised boutique firm with departments catered to specific aspects of managing an artist's finances. The firm now seek an experienced individual from a music accounting background to join their team as a copyright controller. You may well be an accountant or bookkeeper at a similar firm now looking for a change to a more client-centric role.
With high-profile clients in areas such as publishing, record labels, writers, composers & other artist management services the successful candidate will need an understanding of the music industry from a business perspective and the ability to communicate and present well.
Duties of the role may include
- Administration of PRS Live performance licences
- Both internal & Client meetings
- Preparing royalties accounts
- Interpretation and maintenance of agreements
- Assisting the head of department with Ad-hoc projects
Our client seeks the following qualities in a candidate:
- 2+ Years' experience in a Music Industry accountancy firm (essential)
- Up to date, working knowledge of collections societies such as PRS, PPL, MCP etc
- Adaptive, with the ability to multitask and speed up productivity in high pressure scenarios
- A clear Awareness of chargeable time vs Non chargeable time
- Ability to communicate with, and an understanding of all areas of the business such as Personal Tax, Audit, Royalties & Corporation Tax
- An attention to detail appropriate for handling of contracts and copyrights procedures
- Strengths in budgeting and allocation
If you're looking for Music industry accountancy vacancies, contact Austin Rose - The Public Practice Recruitment Specialists.
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.