* Firm: Top 10
* Workload: Technical Accounting and Advisory Assignments
* Location: Guildford
* Benefits: Generous package, regular training and excellent progression
* Salary: £38,000 - £45,000
Are you currently a technically strong Accounts Senior or Auditor looking to move away from Audit? Would you enjoy providing advisory services to complex and international clients?
Our client is seeking a technically focused Accounts Senior or Auditor who is looking for a more advisory role which will implement the technical recommendation from the firm (and other firms) audit division. The role offers the chance to add real value to the end of the audit process.
In a market where many firms have used technology to drive efficiencies and to reduce the cost of their service, our client made the decision to use this technology to provide a more advisory and value-add service. The work is much more interesting and fulfilling for their employees who have leading-edge technology and processes at their fingertips and are encouraged to use these to have proactive discussions with their clients.
As a firm our client believes in enhancing the teams' knowledge of the broader economy and business world, therefore the career opportunities and staff training they offer are of an exceptional level.
- Translating the auditors recommendations with regards to technical accounting improvements
- Preparation of statutory accounts and review of disclosures under a range of accounting frameworks including FRS 102 and IFRS
- Preparation of consolidations and cash flows for year-end statutory accounts
- Providing input into the delivery of service to their larger more complex clients
- Seeking solutions to client's accounting problems and independently researching and suggesting potential resolutions to more senior members of the team
- Preparation of engagement letters for the manager and partner to review
- Supporting more senior members of the team to deliver technical accounting advice including supporting the delivery of training where required
- Proactively identifying and acting on potential new business opportunities with their existing client base and targets
- Developing a network of professional contacts both externally and cross stream/ office
The successful candidate will:
- Be ACA or ACCA Qualified or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages used to prepare financial statements
- Have a good working knowledge of FRS 102 and IFRS
- Ideally have exposure to multiple GAAPs and consolidations
- Experienced in leading client assignments
If you are seeking Accounts Senior jobs in Guildford please contact Austin Rose, the Public Practice Recruitment Specialist.
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.