Firm: Top 20
Clients: SMEs with turnovers up to £15m
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Workload: Personal Compliance Tax
Benefits: ATT or CTA study support
Are you a Tax Semi-Senior seeking a personal compliance tax role within a Top 20 Firm?
Our client a Top 20 firm are looking for a Tax Semi-Senior to join their growing team within their Hornchurch office.
The role includes:
- Preparing annual tax returns (individuals, partnerships, companies, trusts and forms p11Ds/PSAs)
- Obtaining missing information etc. from the client, third parties or elsewhere in the firm as appropriate
- Reviewing tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by junior staff
- Completing posting for complex or missing areas of tax returns
- Preparing basic capital gains computations
- Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails for the supervisor's approval
- Drafting replies to client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
- Electronically filing tax returns if necessary
- Assisting in dealing with Enquiries raised by HMRC
- Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
- Monitoring charge-ability on a weekly basis
- Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 18 months' experience working in a tax environment
- Be ideally studying towards ATT or CTA
- Have business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the clients behalf
If you are looking for Tax roles in Essex or London contact Austin Rose, the recruitment specialist.
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.