Are you an experienced accountant looking to join a dynamic professional services firm with a strong international presence? Are you keen to join a well-established internal finance team who have strong staff retention and a positive environment with flexible working on offer?
A leading professional services firm with a turnover of c £50m and a significant number of trading entities (LLP's, Limited Companies, Joint Ventures and Partnerships all with distinct reporting and regulatory requirements), our client is seeking to expand the internal finance team following a period of strong and sustained growth .
- Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the role will be a key support and contributor to the wide range of periodic & regular tasks undertaken by the accounts team including:
- Significant input into the annual year end accounts process including preparing full 'audit' level files
- Monthly management accounts for Group subsidiaries
- Assisting in budget preparation and in larger scale annual processes such as insurance renewals, P11D and PSA information, supporting information for tax computations.
- Assistance with the annual compilation of statistics on the practice
- Providing assistance to miscellaneous assignments such as value for money reporting, direct partner queries, environmental issues or ad hoc financial data compilation.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Be a genuine 'all-rounder' with significant experience in a medium size organisation
- Ideally be qualified in AAT or QBE
- Have substantial experience of preparing year end audit files for the external auditors and assisting with any audit queries
- Evidence of broader financial experience encompassing day to day administration, reconciliations, control accounts and management accounting
- Have the ability to prepare annual UK statutory accounts with supporting working papers for the year end audit process
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of Corporation and Personal Taxation
- Be comfortable preparing monthly management accounts and VAT returns.
- Have knowledge of time-based work in progress, client disbursements and its valuation.
- Calm professional approach and good teamworking skills - able to bond into a hardworking, organised but lively team
If you are a qualified by experience accountant looking for a role in a supportive professional services firm in London contact Austin Rose, the Accountancy Recruitment Specialists
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.