Are you a qualifed accountant with contentious insolvency experience? Do you have a strong understanding of compulsory liquidation and directors' misfeance? Would you be keen to progress your career in a Top 10 practice that promotes flexible working?
This role will be based in the Specialist Investigations team dealing with contentious insolvency cases within the London Restructuring and Recovery Department.
Candidates will perform a lead role in insolvency assignments in both liquidation and bankruptcy. This will require an individual with very good quality analytical and report writing abilities as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- To plan assignments in accordance with the Firm's standard procedures and relevant statutory and extra statutory obligations, and to confirm arrangements with the client, company, or appointer, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To brief London based staff on the client's business and the pre assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work and to undertake ‘on the job' training and appraisals where appropriate.
- To ensure that the job is completed within budget, and to discuss all materials points arising with the assignment partner and client or appointer immediately, particularly in relation to any anticipated overruns, or significant changes in likely outcome.
- To liaise with the creditors, directors and other interested parties throughout the appointment/assignment and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm's specialist services, and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To perform the firm's senior staff review procedures, ensuring that all points raised are adequately and promptly actioned.
- To monitor assignments to establish and achieve the earliest and most efficient completion of the appointment.
Candidates will ideally be ACCA /ACA / JIEB qualified.
- Previous experience operating at manager level in a similar role is required.
- Proven experience in client handling.
- Proven experience of people and case management skills.
- Experience of performing, ideally leading, advisory assignments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate a strong commercial outlook
- Network of professional contacts and track record of winning work
Please call on 0203 225 5060 to discuss this role further or apply on-line for immediate consideration.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful. However, understand that we will keep your CV on record for any future role that could be your perfect match.
If you are seeking Senior Manager jobs in London contact Austin Rose, the Public Practice Recruitment Specialists.