Our client, a leading accountancy firm currently undertaking a process of modernisation, is seeking to recruit a Systems Administrator to help implement, improve and manage many of the firms systems.
The purpose of the role is to administer the firm's practice management software (Practice Engine) whilst supporting the firm in automating as many of their processes as possible. Whilst the majority of the focus of the role is on the internal processes and data management, there will also be the requirement to support the client facing accountants in migrating data from legacy software to cloud accounting platforms.
The firm's central client database stores information relating to approximately 2,000 active clients and 80 active timesheet users within the practice. Many functions relating to the internal management of the firm are closely linked to this data, for example:
- adding new clients; performing KYC checks
- inputting new staff; managing staff permissions; calculating staff commissions
- posting timesheets; sending timesheet reminders
- liaising with credit control; statement runs; debtor reconciliation
- month end reporting; flash reporting; KPIs
A review of these functions has identified an overreliance on paper driven processes and manual data entry, and therefore the responsibilities for this new role will include:
- designing, recommending and implementing new systems less reliant on manual processes
- reviewing the client database for accuracy and cleansing the data where appropriate
- training staff on systems and processes
In keeping with industry trends, the firm has embraced cloud accounting technology such as Xero, Quickbooks Online and add-on partners including Receipt Bank, Approval Max and OneStop Reporting. Supporting this move to the cloud thisrole with have further responsibility for:
- managing client data migrations from legacy (i.e. desktop) software to cloud accounting platforms
- testing new add-on partners for Xero / QuickBooks Online and rolling out internally with the practice.
The successful candidate will have:
- An academic background in IT / Data Management or be highly experienced in IT systems administration
- Knowledge of professional services
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance particularly in relation to project-based work
- Confident communication skills - verbal and written
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.