Are you a tax assistant or semi senior looking to gain valuable experience working within an industry leading Tax department? Would you like to work for a specialist tax firm with a strong reputation for cutting edge, bespoke tax planning? If this interests you this job could be the perfect fit for the next move forward in your career.
Our client is an independent, progressive boutique firm looking for a Tax Assistant or Semi Senior to work for their Tax department in Harrow.
* Managing, under supervision, a portfolio of private clients (including individuals, sole traders, partnerships and trusts)
* Carrying out compliance work for personal clients of the firm, with a move towards corporate clients over time
* Dealing with HMRC as required by email, letter and telephone
* Liaising with clients as and when required
* Preparing form P11Ds
* ATT or CTA qualified or in the later stages of studying for ATT or CTA
* At least 2 years working at assistant level
* Good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Word and Excel
* Knowledge/experience of Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax
* Knowledge of CCH Personal Tax, Alphatax and CCH Practice Management.
* Knowledge of accounts
* Knowledge/experience of Trust Tax including preparation of Trust and Estate Returns as well as Corporation Tax
The successful candidate needs good organisational skills, a problem solving approach and must be an effective communicator and self-motivator. You will need the ability to manage your own workload and prioritise effectively, have a desire to learn and to develop professionally, and be confident dealing with partners, colleagues and third parties
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.