- Preparation of personal tax returns for a portfolio of clients which may including sole traders, partners, HNWIs, non UK domiciliaries, partnerships, non-residents and trusts
- Preparation of forms P11D for a portfolio of businesses.
- Preparation, review & submission of corporation tax returns.
- Advising individuals and companies of their tax liabilities.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Assist with HMRC enquiries into personal and corporate tax returns.
- Assist on tax advisory projects for existing clients and prospects. Carry out research on different areas to assist Managers/Directors/Partners.
- Identify tax planning opportunities within individual and corporate client portfolio. Meeting with clients and potential clients.
- Client Billing
- Ideally ATT qualified/ studying for the CTA or QBE
- Significant experience gained within a UK professional services firm.
- Good knowledge of private tax compliance and exposure to planning/advisory work.
- Knowledge of corporation tax compliance and ideally some exposure to planning/advisory work.
- Technical knowledge to include CGT, IHT, business tax aspects. Non-resident, non-domicile and partnership experience will be useful.
- Ability to write letters explaining complicated planning issues as well as verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate using a range of applications/programmes. Knowledge of IRIS and/or PTP software would be helpful.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.