The role is a varied and interesting one, within a very busy and growing department, so there is ample opportunity for career progression.
The Private Client Tax Department is responsible for a portfolio of clients who need assistance with personal Tax Returns and full support with ongoing advisory issues which regularly arise. This newly created position will take the team to 5 full-time permanent members.
The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of clients commensurate with their level of experience. Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing Tax Returns prepared by junior members of staff.
- Managing consultancy/advisory assignments for Private Clients and, as required, clients of other departments within the firm.
- Handling HMRC enquiries, with suitable back-up as and when required.
- Liaising with corporate departments and providing assistance with personal Tax Returns attached to clients within those departments as required.
- Managing junior members of staff
- Reporting regularly to senior staff
- Supporting new business development by attending prospective client meetings, preparing quotes and engagement letters and assisting with the on-boarding process.
- ATT qualification or equivalent.
- At least studying for CTA.
- At least 4 years’ experience of working in a professional tax department, preferably a private client tax department
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely with clients.
- Team leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Interest in non-domiciled individuals.
- Confidence to research answers to queries and present solutions to managers and partners.