- Firm: Top 20
- Workload: Audit, with minimal client facing elements
- Clients: Retail, healthcare, Not for Profit & construction
- Location: Surrey
- Benefits: Generous holiday allowance
- Salary: £42-45k
Do you enjoy the technical challenge of Audit but dislike the stressful client facing elements of it? Are you looking to expand your technical skills and work with a dynamic Top 20 Firm?
Our client, a Top 20 Firm in Egham, Surrey are currently looking to recruit a talented Technical Assistant to work closely with and under the guidance of the Technical Manager. This role would be perfect for an audit professional looking to stay within the audit sector but to work on the technical side by training staff and providing support instead of the client facing elements of standard Audit roles.
The firm have a diverse range of clients and industry sectors such as Retail, Healthcare, Not for Profit and Construction. They offer a competitive salary and benefits package including a generous holiday allowance and flexible working hours which contribute to the work-life balance culture in the Firm.
The role would involve:
- Providing technical support and advice in response to queries from staff involving UK GAAP, IFRS and ISA requirement
- Developing and presenting in-house training to Partners and staff
- Generating technical guidance (e.g. bulletins, technical notes, e-shots)
- Communicating and building relationships with staff of all levels across the firm
- Identifying and creating improvements to firm processes in audit and accounts
- Assisting with the implementation of new accounting and audit software
- Providing guidance on FRS 102 implementation to staff and clients
- Assisting and creating a firm approach to changes in accounting standards
- Liaising with the audit service line heads across the firm enabling a consistent approach
- Investigating data analytics software to introduce efficiencies
- Assisting with ICAEW and other compliance matters
The successful candidate will:
- Be ACA or ACCA qualified
- Have external audit experience
- Have experience of preparing accounts under UK GAAP
- Be able to deal with complex issues and reach clear and supported conclusions
- Be willing to develop technical knowledge
- Have strong communication skills
- Be motivated to take responsibility of the role and maintain a high level of quality service across all competencies
Although not essential, the following knowledge and experience will be considered as an advantage:
- Knowledge of software systems CaseWare AccountsAdvance and AuditAdvance
- Experience of preparing accounts under FRS 102 and IFRS
- Experience of preparing Group accounts
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please contact Austin Rose or apply on line for immediate consideration.
If you are seeking Technical Audit jobs in Surrey contact Austin Rose, the Public Practice Recruitment Specialists.