Firm: Top 10
Workload: Management Accounts and Statutory Accounts
Benefits: Generous package, regular training and excellent progression
Are you part ACCA qualified with exposure to the accounting sector and with a desire to make this your chosen career? Are you seeking support to continue your studies and looking to gain a broad range of skills including management and statutory accounts? Would you like to work with one of the most prestigious accountancy firms in the world with a dynamic and impressive client base? If so, this could be the perfect role for you!
Our client is seeking a motivated trainee to join their team focusing on preparing sets of accounts from source records (management accounts and stat accounts). You will also gain experience of wider financial matters such as the preparation of VAT returns, tax computations, financial statement disclosure checklists for a variety of clients. As part of this role you will also be expected to have a good working knowledge of all our service lines, identify business. You will also have the ability to interpret financial data, present ideas and make recommendations.
In a market where many firms have used technology to drive efficiencies and to reduce the cost of their service, our client made the decision to use this technology to provide a more advisory and value-add service. The work is much more interesting and fulfilling for their employees who have leading-edge technology and processes at their fingertips and are encouraged to use these to have proactive discussions with their clients.
The division is split into Outsourcing, Company Secretarial and Financial Reporting teams. The Outsourcing teams don't just ensure that the management accounts are completed but are tasked with providing relevant and useful data as well as the clear advice and interpretation that helps their clients make informed business decisions, including budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning. The Financial Reporting team uses Caseware to provide a technically excellent statutory accounting service and to take the lead on advisory projects where clients have requirements such as preparing consolidated accounts and reporting under various GAAPs, such as FRS102 and IFRS.
As a firm our client believes in enhancing the teams' knowledge of the broader economy and business world, therefore the career opportunities and staff training they offer are of an exceptional level.
- Preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP and other accounting frameworks including transition to FRS 102
- Preparation of other financial reports such as forecasts, profit projections, benchmarking reviews
- Knowledge of various accounting software packages including Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks
- Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes for our larger more complex clients
- Prepare VAT returns
- Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
- Liaise with auditors as necessary
- Prepare engagement letters for manager and partner review
- Ensure compliance with our streams policies and procedures
- Monitor and review client financial data, present ideas and make recommendations to clients
- Proactive analysis of client data and communication directly with client e.g current issues, future trading, relevant legislative changes
The successful candidate will:
- Part ACCA Qualified
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Knowledge of accounting packages preferred (Xero, Quickbooks, IRIS, Sage, Caseware)
If you are seeking Outsourcing Trainee jobs in Manchester or London please contact Austin Rose, the Public Practice Recruitment Specialist.
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.