*Workload: VAT tax
*Salary: Up to £110,000 + benefits
Are you a VAT Manager/Senior Manager looking for a step up in your role?
Our client, are currently recruiting for a VAT Director role for an award winning mid-tier Accountancy firm based in Central London.
The role requires an experienced VAT professional with excellent knowledge of VAT to join the growing Indirect Tax Team. The successful candidate will be a senior member of the Team, responsible for assisting the VAT Partner in servicing clients, directing Indirect Tax services and managing the people within the department.
The ideal candidate may have specialist skills but will also be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients in a variety of sectors, day-to-day responsibility for the team and the continual development of the indirect tax business.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Advising a range of the firm's clients on a range of VAT issues across a broad spectrum of industries.
- Sign off and provision of all VAT advisory work the firm provides.
- Dealing directly with HMRC queries and VAT inspections.
- Providing high level reviews of VAT returns and audit client's VAT matters that have a complex VAT profile.
- Attending client events and marketing the firms VAT offering with a constant view to grow the VAT offering
- Presenting at internal and client events.
- Developing junior staff on VAT matters.
- Production of the firms monthly VAT
- Writing commentary on VAT issues for firms publications.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience working as SM or Director in VAT, preferably within an Accountancy practice
- Be comfortable handling both and advisory work whilst delegating work effectively
- Demonstrate experience developing and training juniors as well as wider VAT/Indirect Tax teams
- Have a proven track record of maintaining and developing client relationships
If you are seeking VAT Senior Manager roles in London contact Austin Rose, the Public Practice Recruitment Specialists.
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.