VAT Manager/Senior Manager - London
Due to growth we are recruiting for a VAT Manager/Senior Manager to work within our Central London office reporting directly to the VAT Partner. The position will be to effectively and promptly provide sound advice to clients in all areas of VAT, be a key figure in the VAT team and continue to develop in order to progress to the level of Associate Partner.
As the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled dynamic individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The VAT Manager/Senior Manager role is offering a highly competitive salary, and potential for progression within the company.
The VAT Manager/Senior Manager duties will be:
* Advise clients on VAT requirements at the appropriate level based on experience, knowledge and competency
* Act as central figure of VAT team, ensuring delivery of the team's work so it is completed within a specific timeframe
* Manage and nurture the VAT team, provide practical advice to and develop the junior team members
* Ensure risk to wrong advice has been managed and, where appropriate, evidenced
* Act as the right hand person to VAT partner, making sure you are available and ready to push delegated work to completion
* Delegate appropriate work to more junior team members
* Complete timesheets accurately and in a timely manner
* Build relationships with the Associate Partners, with the purpose of leveraging VAT advisory work and identifying cross-selling opportunities
* Prepare technical updates to be circulated to all staff
* Aim to achieve a utilisation of 80% chargeable, when possible
* At least 5 years' experience of working within a practice environment
* Experience of advising OMB's on VAT matters
* Experience in handling a portfolio of clients
* Leadership experience
* Ideally experience of networking, business development and article writing
The VAT Manager/Senior Manager will have the below skills:
* Commercial awareness
* Good written communication and letter writing skills
* Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
* Good analytical skills and judgement
* Adaptable and flexible
* Enthusiastic, with a positive, can-do attitude
* Works on own initiative
* Willingness to adopt and try new approaches to work and management
If you are keen to secure a progressive VAT Manager/Senior Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm please apply today to find out more.
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.